Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by msinger, Jun 6, 2006.

1. msinger

msinger Administrator
    Staff Member

Fl?gger, what is your avatar supposed to be?

2. Flügger

Flügger Well-Known Member

Hehe, well Mike, it's actually a super-cool and annoyingly perky sheep, that just sits [or stands] there, kinda saying "Is that your best? Give me your best! Come on, even I could do better than that..!"

Or, well, maybe just a pretty ugly looking sheep I drew once... Don't know why I didn't throw it in the trash, but for some reason I kinda like him...

For better detail: http://www.jayscape.net/images/sheep.jpg

What did YOU think it was?

3. msinger

msinger Administrator
    Staff Member

I was kind of thinking it was a sheep too... or a cross between a person and a sheep. It always makes me laugh when I see it :cool:

4. Flügger

Hehe, k??l :razz: it's very reminiscent of other stuff I draw... Kinda... It's my style... But I'm glad you like it... Or just that it makes you laugh... That's what it's all about - I like making people laugh... Programming is just something I do to keep thinking straight...

If you'd like to see a little more of what I've done, there's some on this danish amateur artist site: http://www.tegnebordet.dk/index.php?vis ... p&id=13003

5. Flügger

Hmmm, wonder if anyone will respond?!?

Hehe, just found this thread again, after having forgot all about it :iconbiggrin:

But I got to thinking, why not try a little test :razz: how about this..:

How much do you, dear reader, know about my good old home country, Denmark? [preferably without cheating :razz:]

6. Hunz

Hunz Well-Known Member

Well...

I have a pretty good idea where to find it on the map or globe.

I know a bit about Hamlet. (I love your tagline by the way)

I can spell Copenhagen. (Truly, I did look that up to be sure...)

7. Ed_P

Ed_P Well-Known Member

My wife's ancestry is Danish.

8. Flügger

Well, as far as i know, prince Hamlet is partly imagination, though based on a real prince called Amleth, which is pretty weird...

And none of you can really spell Copenhagen, cuz you just don't have buttons for it ;) the right, and danish, spelling is København :D

I find it funny though, that many americans [some others, but mainly] sometimes think that Denmark is part of northern Germany or part of Sweden... I've even heard people who thought Denmark was the capital of Sweden...
    I just don't get it, we're like the oldest kingdom in the world, and one of the most offensive thing you can do to us is comparing us to swedes :p

I think I've got a bit of american ancestry though... Not really and not that much, but still...

9. Ed_P

Ed_P Well-Known Member

Is this your annual posting to the thread? :lol: